Why is travel coverage important?
Anything can happen when we travel and it usually does when we least expect it. Having travel coverage can save you from financial hardships, trip disruptions and cancellations.
Every trip is different and our travel coverage options reflect that. Whether you’re jetting away for the weekend, spending the winter somewhere warm or just want to make sure you’re protected if your plans change or your bags get lost, we’ve got the travel plans you need from a name you trust.
We design our plans exclusively for Albertans. Our health benefit experts are with you through any medical emergency—wherever you travel.
Our plans cover the following costs for Emergency Medical Care to a maximum of $5 million dollars per person, while travelling outside of Alberta. No deductible required.
- hospital services—hospital accommodation, outpatient services,
- hospital incidental expenses,
- health care professionals including physicians, paramedical services and nursing care,
- prescriptions and diagnostic services,
- medical appliances,
- emergency dental care,
- meals and accomodation,
- transportation benefits including ambulance services, medical evacuation, repatriation,
- friend and family hospital visit,
- identification of the deceased,
- return of the deceased,
- return of dependent children,
- return of personal items,
- return of pets,
- return of vehicle,
- Automatic extension of coverage.
Travel emergencies can be scary, leaving you feeling anxious and confused. Our travel assistance team is here for you and will help you with everything from finding an appropriate physician, clinic or hospital to keeping your family informed about your situation, coordinating payments and arranging for your safe return home. They make sure any children travelling with you are cared for and they even offer assistance for non-medical situations, like locating legal counsel in the event of a serious illness.
Our travel assistance team is also multilingual, so if you’re travelling in a foreign country and can’t speak the language, they can help you understand your travel plan and find the care you need.