The Connection Bulletin newsletter is published a number of times throughout the year to address topics and issues of interest to Alberta Blue Cross employer group plan sponsors.
Can't find the issue you're looking for? Look through our Connection Bulletin archive.
Winter 2018 Connection Bulletin
Read the newsletter
- Summer 2018 - You can now go further with Alberta Blue Cross's My Benefits app, It’s now easier than ever to find providers who direct bill,Salary updates have been made easier, Help your employees make the most of their benefits, Reductions in generic drug pricing can reduce expenses and enhance the value of your plan, Connect with us, We've enhanced online claiming options, Staying connected and CASL compliant, Are you using outdated forms?, Involved in your community
- Winter 2018 - Alberta Blue Cross U&C dental rates updated; Ensure your employees confirm provider eligibility before their visit; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; Help your employees quit smoking with the Walk or Run to Quit program; Your bill is available online; Involved in your community; Helping plan members optimize provincially-funded drug coverage and updates to prescription drug pricing; Alberta Blue Cross lends expertise on CLHIA cyber security panel; Life & Disability Services; Get an advance preview of your bill; Connect with us; And more.
- Summer 2017 - Changes coming to the Alberta Blue Cross member site; Changes to the collection of sales tax on group benefits; Ensure your employees confirm provider eligibility before their visit; Medical marijuana—considerations for employer groups; Paperless billing coming for all plan administrators this fall; Plan administrator web site improvements; Retaining original, signed applications; Kick-start your workplace wellness with Balance; And more.
- Spring 2017 - Ensure your employees confirm provider eligibility before their visit; Alberta Blue Cross supports the CLHIA’s position: NIHB is first payer; Changes coming to the Alberta Blue Cross member web site; Federal government opts not to tax health and dental benefits; Top 10 health conditions for 2016 based on drug claims data; Do the recent changes to Canada’s Employment Insurance Regulations affect your group plan?; Connect with us; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; Orthotics, orthopedic footwear,
surgical stockings and breathing monitor claim submission requirements; Plan to attend Working Stronger 2017; Workplace Wellness Online: your one-stop shop for wellness; Join the Get Out, Get Active Challenge with Alberta’s Primary Care Networks; Join the ParticipACTION 150 Play List challenge.
- Winter 2017 - Before you go: do you know which providers are ineligible?; Workplace Wellness Online: your one-stop shop for wellness tips and tools; Group Administration corner; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; Payment rates for dental claims adjusted for 2017; Plan now to attend Working Stronger 2017: Equipping Albertans for better workplace wellness mental health; Alberta Blue Cross welcomes initial findings of government dental review; A reminder about our Maintenance Medication Program; Get your workplace involved in Winter Walk Day 2017—we'll help!; And much more.
- Summer 2016 - Is your health provider eligible?; Helping curb drug costs through our Maintenance Medication Program; Reiterating the value of dental plans in the face of Alberta’s high dental costs; Alberta Blue Cross introduces direct billing for psychology services; Protect yourself and your benefits; And much more.
- Spring 2016 - Paperless billing coming this summer; Many different ways to submit your claims online; Investing in healthy communities; Top 10 health conditions for 2015 based on drug claims data; Participate in the Healthy Workplace Essentials Challenge; Don’t forget to check out Workplace Wellness Online; Small steps. Big rewards; Do any of your employees reside outside of Alberta?; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; And much more.
- Winter 2016 - Balance: Your life. Your rewards; A strong Brand. An even stronger alliance; Payment rates for dental claims adjusted for 2016; Managing your drug costs; Submit a claim on the go; New orthopedic footware claim submission requirements coming March 1, 2016; Our approach to disability management; Take part in Winter Walk Day 2016; Connect with us; And much more.
- Fall 2015 - Introducing paperless benefit booklets and Benefit Summary; Monitoring provider claims for potential irregularities; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; Botox and Xeomin moved to special authorization status; Protecting online accounts; Improve the health of your workforce with Balance™; And much more.
- Spring 2015 - Suspected fraudulent claims end in charges being laid in Red Deer; Detection of suspicious claims may lead to removal of providers; Botox and Xeomin are moving to special authorization; Focusing on cost control and plan management through the economic slowdown; Top drugs for 2014 and what accounts for the greatest impacts to drug benefit costs; And much more.
- Winter 2015 - Upcoming administration system interruptions; Dental payment rates have increased; Alberta Blue Cross mobile app now available; How we are protecting the financial well-being of your plan; Provider lookup with Google map coordinates; Promoting the health and wellness of Albertans; And much more.
- Summer 2014 - Make 2014 your year to become a workplace wellness champion!; Introducing our mobile friendly member site; Updating our administration system; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; Blue Advantage provider directory grows larger; Dental claiming just got easier; Alberta Blue Cross conforms with Canada's new Anti-Spam Legislation; Tips for confirming over-age dependents; Check out our redesigned web site; One of Alberta's "Most Loved Brands"; Investing in healthy communities; Tap into great workplace wellness resources and get connected! Committed to providing your employees with an unparalleled member experience; Connect with us.
- Spring 2014 - Changes coming to prescription drug pricing in Alberta; Healthy Community Grants awarded; Are your employees still receiving paper claim statements and cheques?; Updating our administration system; Payment rates for dental claims adjusted for 2014; Protect yourself and your benefits from fraud!; Check out the updated workplace wellness web site; Tips for confirming over-age dependents; How to view a claim totals report; Top drugs for 2013; Overview of top drugs; Your company has the power to save lives; Connect with us.
- Fall 2013 - New Agreement-in-Principle signals changes in prescription pricing for Albertans; Recognized as a top corporation; Member services web site redesigned; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; UWALK.ca is waiting for you!; Introducing our new senior manager of Case Management; Working with health providers to enhance direct billing for plan members; Pharmacare program delayed; Alberta Winter Walk day 2014; Avoid a "Page not found" error when visiting our web site; Alberta Blue Cross introduces new wellness resource to support Alberta employers; Round-the-clock member services: What drugs are covered under my plan?; Making a positive difference in the lives of Albertans.
- Spring 2013 - Government of Alberta announces changes to provincial health programs; When will the next dental checkup be covered?; Your company has the power to save lives; Ensuring a high level of satisfaction among plan administrators; Supporting workplace mental health; Plan member survey; Alberta Blue Cross enhances our online claim submission service; Tips for confirming over-age dependents; Do we have your correct e-mail address?; Eligibility date extended for massage therapy providers to meet new requirements; Top drugs in 2012; Help your employees make the most of their benefits.
- Winter 2013 - New online directory provides convenient access to provider who offer direct billing; Recent generic drug pricing reductions positively impace Alberta Blue Cross group benefit plans; Promote a healthy work environment this winter; Get your employees moving for Alberta Winter Walk Day 2013; Recent generic drug pricing reductions positively impact Alberta Blue Cross group benefit plans; Massage therapy providers to meet new eligibility requirements; Member online claim submissions continue to grow; Providing the convenience of paperless claim statements and direct deposit; Have you provided accurate salary information?; Payment rates for dental claims adjusted for 2013; Help your employees make the most of your benefits.
- Summer 2012 - New online claim submission option enhances plan member experience; Four things to remember when confirming over-age dependents; Addressing the challenges of obesity in the workplace; Indicate confirmation number when using “Contact us” form; Promoting the health of Albertans; Alberta Blue Cross receives two awards at 2012 Alberta Business Awards of Distinction; Government of Alberta moves forward with further reductions to generic drug prices; Generic equivalent to Crestor promises savings to Alberta Blue Cross group plans; Top drugs for 2011 reflect continued growth in costs; Overview of top drugs; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; Updated administration guides and statements of accounts are now available.
- Winter 2012 - The Alberta Pharmaceutical Strategy: Assessing the impact on Alberta Blue Cross group benefit plans; For your employees’ benefit; Direct billing now includes massage therapy claims; Ensuring value in your drug plan; Bases of payment for dental claims updated; Mark your calendar to participate in Alberta Winter Walk Day 2012.
We appreciate and welcome customer feedback regarding the Connection Bulletin. Please send us an e-mail with your comments about the newsletter, or suggestions for topics for upcoming issues.