2019 Healthy Communities Grant Program recipients selected
Six communities in Alberta will receive funding to make active living more accessible thanks to our Healthy Communities Grant Program. This year, we received applications for a wide variety of initiatives from all regions and corners of the province. We’re excited to announce the following projects will receive a 2018 grant:
- Edmonton: St. Pius X elementary school—playground replacement;
- Calgary: St. Peter elementary school—new playground;
- Secondary cities: Grande Prairie Signature Falls Neighborhood—multi-purpose four season sports pad;
- Rural communities: Bentley K-12 school—Joclyn Snow memorial playground;
- Indigenous communities: Maskwacis community—new outdoor fitness challenge park; and
- Special merit: County of Parkland—Graminia outdoor rink replacement.
Thanks to everyone who applied and for their interest in promoting health and wellness in their communities.Learn more about the program Click here to see previous grant recipients.